Sunday, August 14, 2011
Gallo Wins First Debate
The Daily Freeman debate between Democrat Shayne Gallo and his opponent Hayes Clement was interesting, Gallo clearly won the debate. Gallo is the candidate with the experience, the most well versed on the issues and he comes across impressively. Gallo has a passion in his voice, you know when you elect this guy he will be there 8am every day, ready to go and will be our Mayor. Hayes' answers are good but he lacks sincerity, he lacks hometown pride. Hayes honestly fails to connect with voters.
There were some comments on the Freeman that were critical of Hayes and of course I was blamed on the tweeter feed. It was another candidate running for Mayor on the GOP side that "called me out" but that's ok. It's funny how I get blamed, I didn't even watch the debate live. When the questions were coming in, I was uptown no where near a computer. I did watch the replay and the question that was asked, that I got blamed for asking was in regards to Hayes not voting in the 2007 election for Mayor. That's a legitimate question and I will tell you, I am not the only one asking it. It's a buzz around town.
I wish I was the one asking questions in that debate because Hayes got a free ride, his record was never called into question. If I'm Paul Kirby I would of had a list of questions lined up :
1. Hayes, you moved here in 2005, why did it take you almost four years to register to vote? What about the 2007 Mayor's race made you uninterested that you didn't bother to vote?
2. Why at 50 years old Hayes do you have no roots or ties to a community?
3. Where are all these jobs Hayes that you have "created", just name one of them for me?
4. Why are you no longer with HBO?
5. Why did you sign a pledge with 5 Alderman to keep the tax levy at 0% and months later vote for a tax increase, why did you break your only promise to Kingston Hayes?
(It was not a pledge now he says, he was against raising taxes two months before he was in favor of it)
Click Here: Article Hayes Drafts and Signs Pledge Not to Raise Taxes.. October
Click Here: Hayes Breaks His OWN Pledge Votes for Tax Hike and Layoffs December
6. How can Kingston relate to a Mayor that has a housekeeper, more importantly are you going to be able to be Mayor 24/7 and keep that housekeeper?
That's the question I want to know, I like Hayes and I'm worried about Hayes' quality of life, will he suffer if he's Mayor, the job pays only $75,000. This guy may have to lay off his housekeeper, who would put the ice in his martinis, and fold his laundry??
7. Do you support keeping Golden Hill County run? Why is your campaign co-chair on the board of Directors for an organization that recently compared Golden Hill to Katrina??
It's an open offer for Hayes to sit down with me and defend his record, as always I would be fair and balanced and report the facts.
Posted by Jeremy Blaber at 5:17 PM