Saturday, February 03, 2007

Cahill: not so fast on recommendations for NYS Comptroller


NYS Assemblyman said yesterday that he has yet to make a decision on who he will support to become the next state comptroller, but said it will not be limited to the panel of former comptroller's three recommendations. He said he is looking at all 18 candidates, and will make a decision.


"I do not feel any moral, ethical, or even political obligation to blindly follow those recommendations, Instead, I will make a decision based on what I think is consistent with my responsibilities under the law and on what I believe to be in the best interest of the people of New York state. Anything less would be just plain wrong."


I applaud our Assemblyman for looking beyond the 3 candidates that were handpicked by Gov. Spitzer, and his rigged panel. Assemblyman Cahill is showing he is a true independent thinker. I have had conversations with both Assemblyman Cahill, and Assemblyman Molinaro ,of Tivoli, asking them to support Assemblyman DiNapoli for the top spot. Both spoke very highly of the Nassau Assemblyman who seems to be the unofficial favorite, and certainly the most qualified. We will have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cahill will pick whoever Shelly Silver tells him to...plain and simple...end of story...