Rumors of a Mayor's poll floating around that may be released as early as Monday shows a few very interesting points I have heard:
1. Gallo leads Clement by more than 25 points if the primary were held today.
2. Jim Sottile if he were to of run for reelection would of handily beat either Clement or Gallo in a primary among prime voters respectively. In a three way race, Clement does really well but Sottile still wins.
3. Jim Noble is Kingston's most popular Democrat with an approval rating at 68% among city Democrats.
4. Shayne Gallo has a 74% name recognition amoung Democrats to Clement's 28%
5. Either Shayne or Hayes would beat any Democratic Alderman in a hypothetical primary for Mayor. However, a certain female candidate that is not an Alderman yet, loses to Hayes by less than 5 points.
The poll professionally done is not sanctioned by any candidate or committee and the only poll that matters is on election day but interesting none the less.