Monday, January 28, 2008
Blaber for School Board
I have decided to once again explore the possibility of running for a seat on the Kingston School Board. Last year, I learned a lot about the district and had the opportunity to meet a lot of great people involved. Now more then ever I am committed to serving on the board and doing the best job that I can for the students in the Kingston School District.
There are a lot of important issues that face the Kingston School District, I look forward to meeting with Superintendent Gretzinger and all of you to discuss these issues over the next few months.
- Increasing security at Kingston High School; specifically looking at a way to limit the now more than 56 entrances and exits that currently exist.
- Working with the City of Kingston to finally restore the Carnegie Library that has sat vacant for so many years.
- Following through and working to implement the recommendations in the building facilities report that was conducted for the district.
- Taking a closer look at the Montessori plan that has been proposed for George Washington. I think we have to take a look at the cost to the taxpayers and getting input from parents, administrators as well as the teachers at George Washington School
- Working with Assemblyman Cahill and the State Legislature to end the way school taxes are funded in New York State through property taxes.
Posted by Jeremy Blaber at 6:30 AM